***Thank you so much for following my blog over to my website. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have everything in one place, and to have you here too! Will you please take a minute to subscribe?***
I’m happy I am to finally have both my blogs and my website in one place! If you’ve been following Kay’s Words, you will find the same assortment of posts here: essays on life and on writing, with fun stuff thrown in now and then. If you have been following Grace in Africa, I’m pleased to tell you that I’ll also have posts related to international justice. I am still a 21st century abolitionist! Please join me every Monday and Thursday.
Today, just for fun, I’m throwing in a little word play:
- I had to laugh and tease my pastor a bit last fall. He sent out an email reminding us about the change to Daylight Savings Time, and also to let us know we could bring turkeys for the city-wide Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless. Here’s what he put in his subject line: FALL BACK, TURKEYS
- Whenever possible, I snub the elevator and take the stairs. Here’s what I saw at a medical clinic stairwell: STAIRS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR EMERGENCY WET PAINT
- A man in one of my classes in India wore a shirt that said: I PLAN TO BE SPONTANEOUS TOMORROW
- And posted on the street in India, a country where even a husband and wife are scolded for kissing in public: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, BUT NOT WHILE
- At a zoo in Indonesia, this sign was posted on the tiger cage: DO NOT HUG TIGER
- My last name, Strom, seems to trigger goofs, like this one beside a huge drain pipe in L.A.: STROM DRAIN (I wondered why there were so few of us around!)
- And my all time favorite, clipped from the local newspaper by my sister in Northern California: WILD STROM BLOWS IN FROM THE WEST
How about you? Have you got a clipping/sign/notice to share?